The best desserts are those you can make in advance and taste better with time. This chia pudding is the perfect dessert because it is rich and lling without being too heavy. The best part is that as the chia seeds expand over time, the pudding gets thicker and even more delicious. Make a big batch on Sunday night for dessert throughout the week. You can even swap the cocoa for strawberries, peanut butter, or matcha for a different flavor.
DID YOU KNOW? This recipe is easy to assemble in advance. The longer you let the pudding rest in the fridge, the thicker it will become.
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup chia seeds
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups almond milk
- Sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine the cocoa powder, chia seeds, maple syrup, and almond milk. Add a pinch of sea salt, and whisk until well combined and the cocoa powder has dissolved.
- Divide the pudding into two jars, cover, and place in the refrigerator for about
- 20 minutes or until the pudding reaches desired consistency.
- Top with the blueberries and serve.