There is no single way to make a Cobb salad, but every version counts on one detail: The salad is always topped with neat little rows of veggies and protein, making it fun to assemble. During the week, we forage through the fridge and top the lettuce with whatever we have on hand. This version is my ancé Julien’s personal favorite whenever we have fresh apples lying around. Although you can make this salad with just ve ingredients, it really wouldn’t be Julien’s favorite without adding some crumbled goat cheese on top.
DID YOU KNOW? For perfect hardboiled eggs, place the eggs in a single layer at the bottom of a pot. Cover with cold water, exceeding the height of the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil. Then remove the pot from the heat and keep covered. Let the eggs stand for 12 minutes.
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs, hardboiled
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup halved pecans
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Fill a large bowl with the romaine lettuce.
- Arrange the bacon, eggs, apple, and pecans on top of the romaine lettuce in neat rows.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and serve.