If you’ve read my cookbook Weeknight Cooking for Two then you know that this Masala Paste will take your Chicken Tikka Masala to new heights. While the jarred stuff is great in a pinch – there is no substitute for the homemade version.
I make a big batch of this Masala Paste and portion it out in the freezer so I can grab it when we need it. It works great for those nights that we want take-out taste but without the extra calories!
Try using this recipe in my Chicken Tikka Masala! What other recipes are you going to use this Tikka Masala in?!
- 2 white onions, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup almonds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of cilantro stems
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.